More than 170 California fire agencies utilize FCTC’s Statewide Eligibility List in their hiring processes. See which departments are hiring now!
Learn what it takes to become a firefighter in this family-friendly event:
- Meet with fire department recruiters.
- Try out the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT).
- Learn what to expect on an entry-level firefighter written test.
- Find out about the FCTC Statewide Eligibility List (SEL) and how to get on it.
- Take an up-close look at Fire Apparatus.
- Learn about a day in the life of a firefighter.
- Enjoy free refreshments and lunch.
Saturday, October 21, 2023
10 AM - 1 PM
2560 River Plaza Dr
Sacramento, CA 95833
Saturday, November 4, 2023
10 AM - 1 PM
FCTC San Diego County
6144 Innovation Way
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-648-1717
The Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) is the recognized standard for measuring an individual’s ability to handle the physical demands of being a firefighter in California. The timed test measures how candidates handle eight separate events, all designed to mirror the on-the-job tasks of an entry-level firefighter.
FCTC maintains a list of eligible candidates that is used by over 170 California fire departments in their hiring processes. Candidates on the SEL are considered for employment by fire agencies across the state.
Please CONTACT US with any questions or concerns.